Latest Prayer Requests from Jonathan and Jennifer Roundy

NTM Latest News

Monday, April 30, 2007

ALL PRAISE TO GOD

This Picture is of Palowano Indian homes in the Philippines. The picture is courtesy of Norm Rice who serves with NTM in the Philippines.


So, last monday we had the opportunity to share with our GO(Global Outreach) Team about our trip to the Philippines and what God has been doing in our lives since then. The main purpose of our trip to the Philippines was to determine if and how God was leading us into full-time missions work. It was awesome to be able to share with the team, that we are actually a part of about our trip and the work God has been doing in our lives.

Some of the main themes in what God has been teaching us...starting on our trip and continuing until now are:

God leads us in our lives in different ways, there is no "formula" to how God leads a person into what he wants them to do.

God is more interested in our relationship with him than about where we are on the globe or what we are "doing" for Him.

God leads us down roads that are not always straight. The journey with God is more about the process than the destination. Therefore we may not always take the shortest distance between two points. i.e. Israel on their way to the promised land

God does not give us a long term road map for our lives, He shows us just the next step.

OK Change of subjects sort of....
We had our open house on Saturday to share about our trip and our plans to pursue full-time missions work...possibly in the Philippines. Also to share that we believe our next step to be committing to go to training with NTM in the fall. We are so excited about this adventure that God is taking us on.

When we had our meeting with the GO Team one of the questions that was posed to us was if we woud have enough prayer support by the fall in order to support our family through massive life change. I kind of felt at a loss to answer the question thinking, how could I know if I have enough prayer support. Someone who came to the open house shared some ideas about how to setup groups within contact lists so you can update the address in one place and it cascades to all of the other lists. So over the weekend God did some amazing things. He got our prayer team started with 5 members so far. Thank you Lord. We also have two people want to be on our financial support team. Our lease runs out before we would leave for training...so we will need a place to stay between our lease end and leaving for training...this weekend we had two offers of places to stay and or store stuff until we move to Missouri.

In my head I knew that if God was truely calling us, He would make a way...but it sure was awesome to see Him encourage us so much by starting to build the team for full-time training and then missions work overseas.

1 comment:

Amanda Pfeiffer said...

Hey,
Wow, I really liked that. I really liked when you said; "God is more interested in our relationship than anything else. That helps, cuz I always feel like I have to work for him. But all he wants is me. Not just my works, I mean he wants that too. But he really could care less about what I can give. And more on what he can give me. So thanks for that!

I also enjoyed hearing and seeing things about your trip to the Philippines. And I hope God will lead you guys well.(Not that he won't anyway. ^.^)

God bless!