skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Mr. Mom Day 5
This afternoon the kids really enjoyed playing in the snow. We don't often get snow down here, so it was a real treat. Jenny found some snow pants for the kids, so that allowed them to stay warm while they played. Added some more pictures late in the day after we went out again. The Snow was REALLY coming down.Today has been a mixed bag. The kids seem to be a little more ornry today than usual. Elena has been opening a present or two a day since her Birthday instead of opening them all at once and being overwhelmed. She got a new game for her leapster. She enjoyed playing it and even did well when her time was up...but when her brother got a chance...that did not go so well.
First thing this morning the twins colored at the table and I worked on "school" with the other two. Emmanuel was working on a worksheet for his writing and doing timed readings with his flashcards. Elena was working on a pre-writting book and a book about math/numbers. She just got them for her birthday and is pretty excited about "school". Emmanuel was having a hard time today with his letters and shut down...that was kind of discouraging. Neither of us handled that very well. Then he came out of it and finished his worksheet. He loved doing the timed readings...although he did not do as well as he has in the past. He had some words he got stuck on and that really hurt the number of cards he read.
Lunch is on the stove...Jenny left out the recipe and instructions. It is OK...but the potatoes are going to be crunchy I think. :( I guess better crunchy potatoes than no lunch, right?
Today has gone well enough that I am thinking of offering to watch some friends' kids; currently the wife has to stay out of the afternoon class to watch her kids. It would be on a trial basis, and their kids may enjoy playing with ours. :)
Oh...the trick for getting a moment's peace. Well, I put the kids in separate areas of the house with some toys; my oldest daughter thought she was in trouble. I guess we don't generally put them "alone". Ooops. Anyhow, I wrote one thank you note - wohooo! Maybe if I do this more often and select better toys it will work better.
No comments:
Post a Comment