So day #2 didn't go quite as well as the first day...but it was OK. I was able to learn what most "moms" probably already know. That the only thing you can expect is the unexpected. I arrived to drop Emmanuel off for homeschooling and the teacher said "hey you are going to be home this morning do you want an extra kid?" To which my words said yes, my heart and face said maybe. With a little reassurance that I could call if there was trouble we added one to our crowd at the last minute.
The kids played well this morning together, not as well as yesterday...but I suppose some variation makes life interesting.
My thoughts about not being able to do anything that requires real focus when watching small children were confirmed this morning. Everything was OK, the kids were playing nicely and I thought I would sit down and read a few emails. I am not sure if I was even seated before chaos and mayhem broke out between the kids. :)
I was able to read some stories, we had coloring time and snack time...those I think helped the kids through the morning and me. I had the kids helping me with the laundry as well. Four kids standing around the open dryer door. I would give one article of clothing at a time rotating through the kids. They thought it was great.
Before I make you cry from boredom I will stop with the details. :)
What's up with our family?
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment